Friday, March 11, 2016

Horse show prep/check-list!!

It's turned dark and I just got in out of these gale winds from sorting hay and feeds for this weekends competition. I still have to sort all my stuff and my horse gear, but it's all exciting stuff!!
This post is going to be my check-list for a going away competition.
For the horse:
- Halter and lead
- Polo wraps
- Float boots
- Stable sheet
- Covers/rugs
- Water bucket
- Hay
- Feeds and supplements
- Haynets
- First aid
- Treats
- Electrolytes

For the human:
- Sunscreen
- Food and drinks
- Aspirin
- Phone and camera and chargers
- Medication
- Money
- Caffeine
- Contact lenses
- Personal things
- A book for when things get quiet
- Blankets/pillions

Tack:
- Bridle
- Saddle
- Girth
- Stirrups/stirrup leathers
- Saddle blankets
- Breastplate etc
- Whip
- Spurs if needed

Stable supplies:
- Water buckets
- Feed buckets
- Gloves
- Poo bucket
- Extra leads/ropes
- Torch

Grooming:
- Brushes
- Plaiting kit
- Scissors
- Flyspray
- Buckets
- Towels/sponges
- Coat polish
- Hoof oil
- Shampoo
- Sweat scrapper

Clothing :
- Boots
- Breeches/jodhpurs
- Chaps
- Showcoat
- Show shirt
- Numbers
- Gloves
- Helmet
- Socks
- Casual clothing for between classes
- Night clothing

Paperwork:
- gps/maps
- Class lists
- Games races and orders
- Rulebook
- Membership cards
- Money

Leaving early at 5 am in the morning. Normally when I would be arriving at work. Fingers crossed the trip goes well and the ponies travel safe. Wish me luck!!

What do you take? What would you guys add to this?



1 comment:

DreamUponAStar said...

Hi Ruth,
I really like your blog! Good luck at your competition, what class are you doing? I have never properly competed in a competition before although I have watched many, but I am hoping to this year.If I was going I would take a lot of food and caffeine!!!
DreamUponAStar x