Friday, November 18, 2016

10 Questions!

Ten questions, used from L :)

How old was the youngest/ greenest horse that you have ridden?

- Two. The "babies" we ride at the track come in for there baby prep when they are two. 

How old was the oldest horse you’ve ridden? 
- A horse I was exercising for the local RDA back in the day. He was 25. 

Were you afraid of horses when you first started riding?
- Nope. I fell off the second time I ever rode a horse and broke my arm. Although I was hesitant to canter for awhile after that, I was still back on the very next day with my arm in a cast.

Would you say you're a more nervous or confident rider?
- Confident for sure. Riding track work doesnt leave much room for nerves.

Biggest pet peeve about non-horse people around horses?
- When people think all we do is sit there and that the horse does all the work.

A time when you've been scared for your life (horse related)?
- One evening when I was a lot younger I took my pony out for a ride down the road. As we were heading home a car took the corner ahead of us wrong, lost control of the car and came flying towards me and my pony, coming to a stop 2 meters in front of us when they went crashing into a paddock. Very scary but we were fine.

Have you ever fallen off at a show?  What happened?
- No I don't think so.

What is a breed of horse that you’ve never ridden but would like to?
- Probably a big ol' Clydesdale.

Discribe the worst behaved horse you’ve ridden?
- This is a hard one because I've always been put on the 'naughty' ones. The most recent was a horse at the track the other morning doing our gallop,  she threw her head down pulling me forwards and let out some massive bucks, then threw her head up and bolted when I growled her. Thankfully she came back to me and we carried on as normal. Monday mornings can be scary...  Lol

The most frustrating ride you've ever had?
- Probably at a show when I was 17, we were entered in 3 showjumping classes and got eliminated in every one!!

2 comments:

L.Williams said...

I hate being eliminated or going off course! So frustrating!

KateRose said...

That's pretty hardcore about breaking your arm and being back on the same day!