Saturday, May 28, 2016

Life recently!!

Sorry for the absence recently. I've been super busy getting into a routine with my new job and moving house. Things have settled down though.
My days at the moment go something like this
3am - wake up and have a coffee
3:30 - leave for work.
4 - put horses on the walker, muck out, feed and water all the horses (around 28 stabled and more in the paddocks.)
4-45 - load up the trucks and we take 14-24 horses (depending on the day) to the racetrack. There they get worked, depending on the day slow gallops, gallops or jump outs. When I'm not on a horse, I'm uncovering tacking up, hosing or walking horses.
7ish - covering and loading back on the trucks back to the yards.
7:30-8:30 - feed, water, check horses and sweeping up.
8:30-10 - Repeat at another stables (this one only having 6 horses in work currently) and if needed help with young babies or transporting.
10--2:30 - relaxing, riding and caring for my own horses and/or sleeping.
3 - back to the yards for mucking out, evening feeds, more horses on the walker and sweeping up.
4:30 - Home time for tea (or to do my horses if not down earlier) and sleep.

It's pretty full on and 6 days a week but I love it.
There's also the possibility of becoming a jockey which I'm pretty keen on at the moment. Because let's face it, it's so exhilarating and fun.

Riding track is so much different from everything I've been taught with my regular disciplines showjumping and mounted games. It's fun, dangerous, and a completely different style of riding.



(not my photo).

My horses are all rugged up and quite muddy at the moment after rain every day for almost two weeks straight (when will it stop....). Today was worming day. Not a happy day for my babies.




Also Goldrush is now wearing a rug!! Baby is growing up so fast!!

2 comments:

T said...

So exciting! Glad you're enjoying your new job!

Liz Stout said...

Damn girl! That's a helluva schedule indeed. But as long as you love it, that's what matters =) Loving the work makes long days easy